$50 ($0 tax deductible)
Meet other DMA Members with a passion for literature by joining Book Talk! Enjoy a year of thought-provoking book-club-style events that celebrate the Museum’s permanent collection and special exhibitions with great reads. Book selections and dates can be found here or on the Museum calendar.
Members of Book Talk also recieve these benefits:
- One Book Talk book, chosen by the DMA
*Active membership required to participate in Book Talk. Please email us at members@DMA.org with any questions.
Mark your calendars with the 2018 Book Talk events:
Sunday, March 4 – Picasso at the Lapin Agile, by Steve Martin
In Steve Martin’s first full-length play, he brings together Pablo Picasso and Albert Einstein—who are both on the brink of great personal discoveries—in a hilarious evening at the Lapin Agile bar.
Sunday, June 24 – Broad Strokes: 15 Women Who Made Art and Made History (in That Order), by Bridget Quinn
The impact of some groundbreaking women throughout art history is explored in this educational and entertaining book.
Sunday, October 28 – TBD
Past Book Talk reads have included:
- The Muralist, by B. A. Shapiro
- Aura (English and Spanish edition), by Carlos Fuentes
- Clara and Mr. Tiffany, by Susan Vreeland
- The Music Lesson, by Katherine Weber
- Photographs Not Taken, edited by Will Steacy
- The Brilliant History of Color in Art, by Victoria Finlay
- Cat is Art Spelled Wrong, edited by Caroline Casey, Chris Fischbach, and Sarah Schultz
- 1491: New Revelations of the Americas Before Columbus, by Charles C. Mann
- The Art of Publication with Dr. Roslyn Walker, DMA curator
- Visual Shock, by Michael Kammen
- The Blue Manuscript, by Sabiha Al Khamir
- The Painted Girls, by Cathy Marie Buchanan
- Color: A Natural History of the Palette, by Victoria Finlay
- The Song of Achilles, by Madeline Miller